Best unit to use against Barbarians

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Best unit to use against Barbarians

What is considered as the best primary unit to use against Level 17+ Barbarians? Steam giants (heavy infantry) seem a little disappointing .... Would the top-of-the-range balloon bombardiers possibly do well in conjunction with gyrocopters?
    • Moosebabes wrote:

What is considered as the best primary unit to use against Level 17+ Barbarians? Steam giants (heavy infantry) seem a little disappointing .... Would the top-of-the-range balloon bombardiers possibly do well in conjunction with gyrocopters?
      would recommend using sgs. youre not supposed to lose any sgs while doing barbs from level 10 to 29. :) Hope this helps. :)

Picture is level 20.

• Pepi: Thank you so much for your reply.

Part of the problem might have been that the steam giants were not fully upgraded in the latest attack. They will soon be ....

I used: 100x steam giants; 50x gyrocopters; 8x catapults and 1 cook for motivation. Yet they still fled and 14 steam giants were killed ....

Hopefully the next attack will go better. I wonder whether I need more cooks?
    • Moosebabes wrote:

Pepi: Thank you so much for your reply.

Part of the problem might have been that the steam giants were not fully upgraded in the latest attack. They will soon be ....

I used: 100x steam giants; 50x gyrocopters; 8x catapults and 1 cook for motivation. Yet they still fled and 14 steam giants were killed ....

Hopefully the next attack will go better. I wonder whether I need more cooks?
      None of mine are actually upgraded there right now on that picture.
      You don't really need gyrocopters with barbs. You'll only need them if you fight level 50. :)

if you have 100sgs, 12 catapults and 60 swords you'd be able to beat level 10 to 20 no problem. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pepi ().

• I have very limited experience with Barbarians, but I think that adding some rams like Pepi has on the screenshot will help.

What failed in your case could have been the lack of swords. Your flanks were then open, and you lost a lot of morale. That would surely have played negatively. As a rule, never leave your flanks run out unless your enemy is also dry there. Be your enemy Barbarians or anybody else.