Yoda vs Barbarian Village

• Individual CR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Mortas just have 3 munition. They can fire for 3 rounds. Rams do dmg until they die :)
      One artillery unit can only kill a max of 1 unit per round. One Ram kills 1 barbarian. One Mortar would kill 1 barbarian.
      Correct me if I'm wrong tho. It's been a few years :)
      Kaikas - General Kenobi
    • In this case, 1 gyro is the best 7m30s to reach the target haha

Pepi wrote:

TrTunahan wrote:

Can I ask you, why did you use ram and one spearman?
      i usually send 1 spearman with all my merchant ships so my army can already go back to my town right after the fight and the spearman with the merchant ships does the loading of loot. :
      Chym

NORTH - HEPHAISTOS
    • He attacks the barbarian so I assume the attack will be from his base on the same island.

At war (PVP) this trick is also great to avoid the successful pillaging troop stuck in 33 mins of loading time, but yes it is only useful in the same island combat. Siege a town from other island is quite risky because the port can be blocked and you cant send reinforcement.
      Chym

NORTH - HEPHAISTOS

The post was edited 2 times, last by chym ().

• chym wrote:

He attacks the barbarian so I assume the attack will be from his base on the same island.
      This is a poor assumption. It's always advisable to not do this for obvious reasons: Barbarians will pillage your town and/or decrease your luxury resource production.

Also, if you have balloons, they travel 30 mins on land. If it's on an adjacent island, the most it would take to get there would be 20 minutes. What more if you include Kaikias ship speed bonus + poseidon.
      The only bottleneck would be the loading speed. As long as you have decent port levels, loading up your units wouldn't take long.

As for the second part of your reply, it is quite irrelevant to this thread.
    • JOSH wrote:

chym wrote:

He attacks the barbarian so I assume the attack will be from his base on the same island.
      This is a poor assumption. It's always advisable to not do this for obvious reasons: Barbarians will pillage your town and/or decrease your luxury resource production.
      Also, if you have balloons, they travel 30 mins on land. If it's on an adjacent island, the most it would take to get there would be 20 minutes. What more if you include Kaikias ship speed bonus + poseidon.
      The only bottleneck would be the loading speed. As long as you have decent port levels, loading up your units wouldn't take long.

As for the second part of your reply, it is quite irrelevant to this thread.
      Yes, it is just assumption. But Pepi wrote: "i usually send 1 spearman with all my merchant ships so my army can already go back to my town right after the fight and the spearman with the merchant ships does the loading of loot." so it means. His troop comes back right after the raid is finish with out loading time so there is only 2 chances:
      1. He sends land units from the same island without merchant ships.
      2. He has to calculate exactly to fill up all the space of those ships he send from an adjacent island with his attacking troop. The free space still need to take 30 mins for loading resource. (correct me if I'm wrong)

And you are right about balloon. In PVP, balloon should be send through ship so enemy cannot predict what you are sending in your wave. (non-topic related anyway)

However, Barbarian pillages player's town but does not steal any resources so I think just withdraw to reduce the unnecessary loss for your the troop.
      1 question: if the origin of the attacking town is located outside of island. Will the barbarian decrease luxury resource production of the mine?
      Chym

NORTH - HEPHAISTOS

The post was edited 3 times, last by chym ().

• chym wrote:

1 question: if the origin of the attacking town is located outside of island. Will the barbarian decrease luxury resource production of the mine?
      Barbarians can only decrease luxury resource of the island they are in. :) so if you build a mobile on your neighboring island and do barbarians there, it would decrease luxury resource on that island and not affect your island. :)
    • @chym

chym wrote:

2. He has to calculate exactly to fill up all the space of those ships he send from an adjacent island with his attacking troop. The free space still need to take 30 mins for loading resource. (correct me if I'm wrong) This is wrong. The correct formula is: (total space available/max load of ships) * 33.3 minutes = total loading time. Thus disproving all secondary assumptions you made based on this erroneous information.
      Sorry but you really are wrong. Try it out and prove me wrong if you can.
      But before you do, check out this picture:
      111.PNG
      These towns are both 1 island away from the barbarian village they pillaged.
      These all came back from pillaging one barbarian village.
      If you check the times, they all vary depending on the amount of loot that they have relative to their max capacity (See my equation above)

BOTTOMLINE:
      If you want to attack the barbarians on your island, knock yourself out. But don't promote/recommend it to others.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JOSH: Edited outdated info. ().

• Battle for Barbarian Village Level 32

Battle for Barbarian Village
      (13.10.2018 10:19:42)
      Yoda[SYN] from Tatooine
      vs
      Barbarians from Barbarian Village

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ............................................. - Barbarians............................0(-600)
      ............................................. - Barbarian Knifeman.....................0(-90)
      ............................................. - Barbarian Ram..........................0(-30)
      ............................................. - Wall....................................0(-7)
      Sulphur Carabineer.....................98(-0) - .............................................
      Swordsman............................180(-30) - .............................................
      Steam Giant...........................195(-5) - .............................................
      Balloon-Bombardier.....................45(-0) - .............................................
      Battering Ram..........................18(-0) - .............................................
      Mortar.................................18(-0) - .............................................
      Cook...................................20(-0) - .............................................
      Spearman................................1(-0) - .............................................
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Generals..................................-67 - Generals....................................0
      Offensive points............................0 - Defence points..........................167.5
      Damage Received..........................3350 - Damage Received.............................0
      Damage Percent...........................100% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: Yoda[SYN]

Losers: Barbarians

The town Barbarian Village has been pillaged by Yoda[SYN]. The following resources have been stolen: 67,800 , 18,245 , 6,709 , 5,661 , 3,774 , 4,822

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 9:04:43)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 9:19:43)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 9:21:17)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 9:49:43)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 10:04:43)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 10:19:42)

One of Barbarians’s armies has been completely destroyed.

• Battle for Barbarian Village Level 33

Battle for Barbarian Village
      (13.10.2018 13:40:05)
      Yoda[SYN] from Tatooine
      vs
      Barbarians from Barbarian Village

............................................. - Barbarians............................0(-625)
      ............................................. - Barbarian Knifeman....................0(-120)
      ............................................. - Barbarian Ram..........................0(-30)
      ............................................. - Wall....................................0(-7)
      Sulphur Carabineer.....................98(-0) - .............................................
      Swordsman............................120(-42) - .............................................
      Steam Giant...........................145(-5) - .............................................
      Balloon-Bombardier.....................45(-0) - .............................................
      Battering Ram..........................18(-0) - .............................................
      Mortar.................................18(-0) - .............................................
      Cook...................................10(-0) - .............................................
      Spearman................................1(-0) - .............................................
      Generals................................-81.4 - Generals....................................0
      Offensive points............................0 - Defence points..........................203.5
      Damage Received..........................4070 - Damage Received.............................0
      Damage Percent...........................100% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: Yoda[SYN]

Losers: Barbarians

The town Barbarian Village has been pillaged by Yoda[SYN]. The following resources have been stolen: 73,050 , 31,228 , 11,877 , 10,021 , 6,681 , 8,537

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 12:10:05)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 12:10:06)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 12:40:05)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 12:55:05)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 13:10:05)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 13:25:05)

Yoda[SYN]'s miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (13.10.2018 13:40:05)

One of Barbarians’s armies has been completely destroyed.