Global Server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Global Server

Hello all,

I hail from the US Boreas server and we're discussing server merges for the US servers. Though we doubt anything will happen.

However, I'd like to throw out an idea for you mates to think about:

We currently have servers for each country: US, EN, IS, BR, etc. But we don't have an international / global server that allows players from every country to compete against each other (unless that is you if I, an American, decide to play on one of the EN servers, which is possible).

So, here are a few ideas:
      1. GF create a few international servers at different TS point entrance levels: 100 Million TS - 10 Million TS, 10 Million TS - 1 Million TS, 1 Million TS - 400k TS.
      2. GF provide free move account "tickets" using the "Account Transfer" game feature: allowing those in every server to move their account to one of the new international servers based on their TS level (because GF does not allow 10 Million TS accounts to join 1 Million TS Servers. Or 1Million TS on 400k TS servers. Could even provide another ticket when accounts need to "graduate" to the next server: 900k TS account hits 1 Million TS and moves up to the next international server or cannot grow TS till they do so, etc.

This is a means to remove server merges because accounts are "merged" / transferred one at a time, and over time = less intensive for GF to handle. Additionally, because adding new servers and deleting old servers (the current practice) leaves old servers dead (without any new players joining because they are joining new servers) and forces veterans from an old server to play on new servers if they want to be a part of active servers = multiple accounts and v-moding in old servers, this would be a way to help players manage their time and accounts while stay in an active server where trade, war, and growing alliances is still possible.

~Knuckles
      Leader of STORM
      US Boreas Server

I'll let you discuss. If you think its a good idea, please push it as a suggestion to GF. We'll be doing the same on the US Forum and I'm going to introduce it to other IK Country Forums too. The more people we get to back it, the more traction we get with GF to create it. Good luck mates!

Thread moved to the correct section - Vaire

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vaire ().

• I agree a server must have only one language so it can be properly monitored. The UK server is already serving as an "international server" of sorts, since for many players on it, English is not their first language and they live all over the world.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee

The post was edited 1 time, last by Helen357 ().

• In my opinion only way to create this international servers is closing smaller communities and making players to transfer to this international servers. That's because if you let players choose to transfer or not transfer account to this servers, than already empty servers would became more empty and with out server merge they would be doomed.

knuckles wrote:

2. GF provide free move account "tickets" using the "Account Transfer" game feature: allowing those in every server to move their account to one of the new international servers based on their TS level (because GF does not allow 10 Million TS accounts to join 1 Million TS Servers. Or 1Million TS on 400k TS servers. Could even provide another ticket when accounts need to "graduate" to the next server: 900k TS account hits 1 Million TS and moves up to the next international server or cannot grow TS till they do so, etc.
      This would mean that alliance members with different TS couldn't play together, because if you have 11kk TS and your alliance member have 9kk TS, than you should play in different international servers.

And since English is already first or second language in every community, that only would be reasonable that English would be international servers language.

Does this idea intend to create only one international server for 100 Million TS - 10 Million TS, 10 Million TS - 1 Million TS, 1 Million TS - 400k TS? If so, than I thing that it wouldn't be enough. More reasonable would be to create 2 or 3 this kind servers for different worlds regions or languages like on with English, one with Spanish and one with some other biggest language community.

And what about special type servers like war server and others? Does this international server will have this type bonuses or they will be old type servers?

The scariest monsters are the ones, that lurk within our souls.