ikariam dead game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Afaik, there seem to have been no major additions (or alterations) to the game over the past 3 or so years. [Apparently (from what I understand) vague promises of new features (which have thus far amounted to nothing) have previously been made on the German board].

Therefore, there seemingly comes a time when the more established (senior) players feel that they have precious little more to achieve in this game. In this regard, I have noticed the disproportionately high number of inactive (including prolonged/indefinite vacation mode) players appearing in the 1000 to 1100 ranking band within the Alpha server. This (imho) represents a very sad situation - as each of these players have invested a fair amount of time and energy to achieve circa 2 000 000 in-game points.

I actually do not understand why anyone would like to leave an established Empire (worth 1 000 000+ in-game points) in order to start (essentially) the same process all over again. This seems like a virtual re-enactment of "National Groundhog Day". Maybe the developers should rather invest a comparatively small amount of time and money to upgrade what is essentially a wonderful game into an even better one rather than open yet more soon-to-be-dead servers. Rather try to encourage established players to return to their once beloved game ....

Just a thought ....
    • US sever has already dead. UK is like the lone survival sever. Mobile game is better area for Game Forge to invest not web game.This is my last attempt to play Ikariam after 7 years abandon my 7 mil account. So quite enjoyable at the moment.
      Chym

NORTH - HEPHAISTOS
    • The following comments are my opinion on this topic and in no way I am accusing anyone of anything. This is my take on why I think the game is dead/been lowered into the ground.

The game is on its last leg. I played 10 years ago and i tell you now the world's are empty compared to back yesteryear. I know games at the end of their playing span have their hardcore players that prolong the game going to the grave and that is where ikariam is up to at the moment.

I believe a few factor that has contributed to that is ikariam downfall is; the game not keeping up with the times, game forge not listening to their player base/milking what is left of the game for profit without spending money to fix it and this is not a go at any member of the current or former staff, but the way administration/rules have changed and effected game play over the years.

Starting with not keeping up with the time is the fact they have a half made app. It is useless. Can't attack and can't transport resources without having to do it via island view. I as not around when the app came out, but I can imagine that a lot of people starting using it to only realise like I did it is missing fundamental components of the game from it that make it useless. Which leads me to why the game is been milked for profit. You can buy Ambrosia from the app however cant use building queue. Why? Game forge are always offering deals and discounts week in week out, but I have not seen an update this year. All this money going to game forge and nothing coming back. I have seen the player base attempt to post new idea but are just shutdown before it even goes to discussion. To just back that point this the comments I make here will more then likely be censored anyways...

Which leads me to my last reason this game is dead; multi accounts. A member of this game should only have 1 account per server. The fact that the rules were changed to allow members to have multi accounts is crazy. This gives players a huge advantage because they are bending the rules. They have multi accounts just bulding gold and resources then sell them at the lowest prices to allies as they do the same for them. I have heard a player admint to having 9 accounts in 1 server. That is the biggest reason players have left the game. The playing field is unfair.

People say the game is alive and going good are kidding themselves. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone anymore due to the current state. Major work needs to be done to the game. Those comments I made today is just the tip of what is wrong. I wrote this from my phone on my lunch break.
      JaY
      Diplomat
      Founder
      North Sea Empire.
    • I have been thinking this for years now...ikariam is dying. I agree with JaY and Moosebabes, these are major reason why game is going down and the increase of ambro price 3x for some of the feature just goes to show (the milking it part).
      Yet there is so much that could be done to actually improve and make this game relevant once again. Question is why are they not doing it? May be whoever is in charge needs to play some other games and see for themselves what is lacking here and how to be fixed. Unfortunately I don't think they even want to. Another solution would be just to sell the game to someone that actually cares and understand their job.

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
      -Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
    • Well for example..these items you get from achievements..u can get only once, use them once and then they never come back.
      There should be some sort of mini game that comes during holidays that is not connected with ikariam where you do something daily and can get items from it. And if u spend ambro u can get more items I suppose.. And these items can not only be the ones from achievements like troops/ships packages... but stuff like if you activate this item for next 12-24hr "your navy speeds up" or " you get double the offensive/deffensive points" or "you land units make 5-10% more damage while on the attacker/defender side"
      Also there should be something u get for having good o and d score either u can exchange something for the points or u get a reward...this way even builder types of ppl will get interested in fighting...

-Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
    • Cassiopea wrote:

Well for example..these items you get from achievements..u can get only once, use them once and then they never come back.
      There should be some sort of mini game that comes during holidays that is not connected with ikariam where you do something daily and can get items from it. And if u spend ambro u can get more items I suppose.. And these items can not only be the ones from achievements like troops/ships packages... but stuff like if you activate this item for next 12-24hr "your navy speeds up" or " you get double the offensive/deffensive points" or "you land units make 5-10% more damage while on the attacker/defender side"
      Also there should be something u get for having good o and d score either u can exchange something for the points or u get a reward...this way even builder types of ppl will get interested in fighting...

Well these buff for land and navy will make the game become pay to win. 5% in damage is a lot
      Chym

NORTH - HEPHAISTOS
    • Not really..these items will be available to anyone, not all the time of course and plus they aren't endless..may be u pop up some booster and for next 12 hrs you don't find anything to kill...

-Richard Le Gallienne
    • _Rhaegar_ wrote:

@Cassiopea, how can they improve this old game
      I would love to give some advice on this but its pointless. I refer to my earlier statement.

JaY wrote:

I have not seen an update this year. All this money going to game forge and nothing coming back
      Gameforge are moving away from this game and mobile gaming as stated by CEO Alexander Rösner. It is sad that they have just left this game as dying cash cow. If they had finished that Mobile App they could of competed with the Mobile gaming world due to the player base they already had over other games. The problem is they ruined the game by changing rules and not finishing the the MA. I can tell you now that they need to stop opening servers and start merging them if they want to keep the game going that little bit longer
      JaY
      Diplomat
      Founder
      North Sea Empire.
    • Would it be at all possible for the Super Moderator (or someone else with real authority and some element of influence) to take the risk of escalating this issue by forwarding this thread (and other similar ones) to the developers for some much-needed official feedback? The remaining loyal players really do deserve an official update regarding the current status of the game - including (especially) short-term future development plans. Like it or not, this is actually a very serious issue that really does need to be addressed as a matter of some urgency.

Of note, is that the English test server (666) is seemingly effectively dead - insofar as it features no new gameplay elements for players to test and experience. Furthermore, fellow Gameforge product "OGame" (the spiritual precursor of Ikariam) is in a similarly neglected state with a host of dead servers ....

This is (imho) really sad ....
    • Many thanks JaY. :)

Community Manager badidol would definitely seem to be the appropriate person to assist the Ikariam community in obtaining some much-needed information from the developers.

As he has not been active on the forum for over a month now (16 October), maybe s/he has a deputy who could readily perform this action?
    • Hello,

The last known response to any merges, was here: board.en.ikariam.gameforge.com…?postID=684509#post684509 - there have been no new information regarding this, if there was it would be announced in game news.

A more recent addition is the STOMPT button in the forum on in the right sidebar below the social media links which allows you to make a direct request.

I hope this information was helpful.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • JaY wrote:

@badidol I know you haven't been on since Oct. But if you are. Any feedback from you in regards to anything that has been said here?

Moosebabes wrote:

Many thanks JaY. :)

Community Manager badidol would definitely seem to be the appropriate person to assist the Ikariam community in obtaining some much-needed information from the developers.

As he has not been active on the forum for over a month now (16 October), maybe s/he has a deputy who could readily perform this action?
      First of all, I don't need to be SEEN active in order to be active :)
      I check the forums once a day at least.

Truth be told, there's not much I could say about any of this that hasn't been said many times already. The sad truth is that I have no new information for you. At the moment all available resources for browser games are bound elsewhere. That unfortunately means that Ikariam, just like many other of our browser games, are at somewhat of a standstill when it comes to progress. This has not changed in the meantime, it is still the status quo. If it's any consolation, I don't like it any more than you folks do.

There is some stuff in the pipeline for Ikariam and enabling merges again is right there on the very top of the list, however, the situation hasn't changed; I am unable to tell you any date, time or even ETA for it. Sorry.

• If you’ve put in 10 yrs into this game, it’s hard to just abandon it.
      Think about when it was best:
      Had no piracy
      Multi not allowed
      Battles over much quicker
      If they opened a new server without piracy, without multi AND without ambro usage, I would try again.
      Back in the day, a 3M TS player was considered big. But at that size, you could only afford about maybe 50k gens. Thus a 1 vs 1 battle didn’t last 10 hrs like it can now with people over 100k gens.

Fighter of IOAG

• Loner99 wrote:

If you’ve put in 10 yrs into this game, it’s hard to just abandon it.
      Think about when it was best:
      Had no piracy
      Multi not allowed
      Battles over much quicker
      If they opened a new server without piracy, without multi AND without ambro usage, I would try again.
      Back in the day, a 3M TS player was considered big. But at that size, you could only afford about maybe 50k gens. Thus a 1 vs 1 battle didn’t last 10 hrs like it can now with people over 100k gens.
      Why would Gameforge agree on this? no ambro= no money for them? it's pretty simple!
      Without piracy fine it would be good for the players but there is people who spend ambro on it to be pirate king! Warping towns and so on!
      Multies i can agree on do a server without multies, but rest of it goodluck to explain that for Gameforge and make them agree on it!

A new server give them ALOT OF MONEY, i don't know the amount they get from it but if we imagine about it we say top 50 spend a average amount of 50£/week maybe less or more the first month and then count it by *50 players, 2500/week and then 4 weeks and they earn around 10k£/month then if you are a top pirate you maybe spend more and so on. So goodluck to make Gameforge agree on lose ALOT OF MONEY!

Sorry but i don't think that gonna happend :(
    • chocolate wrote:

I feel like the multi accounts are really what is killing the game a lot to. Like so many people use it to there advantage

Maybe that is true, however I believe that the end-user is also responsible for how they decide to use the rules. They can either use it only for their own advantage, which in the current state of inactivity makes sense due to the difficulty in donating. Keep in mind, it is calculated for sixteen spots with ever player inactive, opining up one spot.

If eight people leave, the eight left will have to donate twice as much. Yes, I multi and I use them to donate as well. Now, eight leaving at this point is a low number. That might be the reason why multi is allowed?

Now; the end-user. What I do; I want to keep players around my area playing. Obviously, I want the whole server active, but I can't do everyone. Now, with some really quick, easy, low maintenance setup accounts I'm donating on islands with players that I don't know. I got in friendly contact with them obviously later, but that is irrelevant.
      Then, these accounts all have museums and I've send random CT's around in the top < 300 I never cared if that person is in my alliance, our enemy, no alliance at all.

And I set up rules for the people on that island; alright. I will come here to help you out, I do not need anything in return. But you are not allowed to gain advantage over this account so no pillaging, friendship, CT's, anything.

These accounts will not defend themself (Later all production except for wood will shut down), they will not befriend / CT's / defend my main account. In fact; they are a liability in terms of warfare because they won't even be set inactive during war.

Point is; we can keep the server more active if we wish to....
      Start at making good tutorials for new or returning players, which will also reflect in google.

Currently eight people, I do not profit myself from, profit from my help. They are all fully active, growing and I'm providing them with constant free information on quick powerbuilding.

The post was edited 3 times, last by JustKidding ().