Discussion: Christmas Contest 2018

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• My greatest apologies.
      Indeed I have now edited 'answers' to 'questions'. (it was to avoid answering 2 questions in one mail, since we allow 48 hours to answer each of them).
      You must send in your answers in one mail.

Those of you who have sent in several mails, NOT a problem! :)

But please, remember to put in your Board Nick. I have re-contacted those participants who have sent in answers but forgot to put in their Board name or nick.

Thank you! and apologies again for this confusion :)
      A Festive Season To All!!
    • Hello everyone!

Good to see we have quite a few participants this year, and a lot of new faces :) and some old ones too ;)

I would like to bring to your attention some slight changes to the ambrosia prizes (you can see them in the first post Christmas Contest 2018). I have made some slight errors in the coupon numbers when I initially posted them.

I would also like to inform some of you that you must provide me with your Board Nick/Name in your email answers. This is actually to allow me to contact you if you become an eventual winner. 8o
      Thank you!
    • "You get +0.5 points for each word found and -0.5 points for each non-Ikariam related word found.

For example:

You noted down gunpowder, gun, powder. You will get -0.5 points in all."

Does it mean, gunpowder is non-Ikariam related word ? Really... you can find this word in game in fiel of reaseach -> military -> gunpowder. So in this situation I would like to know what means non-Ikariam related word…
    • Hello Dot,

Merry Christmas and welcome back to the uk boards! You have been missed!

About the answer to questions from day 4 #10...I checked "up to" meaning in several dictionaries and it means "as far as", "indicating a maximum ammount", "less than or equal to, but not more than, a stated value, number, level, or time".
      So #10 statement basically says "I can upgrade my temples to maximum level 35" which is not true, since as you said temples' maximum level is 38. Hence answer should be FALSE.
      Now if statement was "I can upgrade my temples to level 35" .. that is true.. Let me know what do you think.

Cass, I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,
      =^_^=

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
      -Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cassiopea ().

• well, I see you are referring to word "powder", but it was just given as example. It is part of "gunpowder" and words within words are not allowed. BTW, You cannot use gun anyway as it is under 5 letters.
      The same rule applies for all other words, e.g. "land" in "island"
      My opinion...

• Aww, that is so nice of you!
      But now..I don't get it...will we get penalized if we put powder?

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
      -Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
    • Cassiopea wrote:

But now..I don't get it...will we get penalized if we put powder?
      It was in the question :P

Contest.ORGaniser wrote:

All words have 5 or more letters, all words are singular (NO plural words), NO words within words (for example gunpowder is the normal word, but not gun and not powder) .

Answers are now out for that question.
      Only 2 participants got them all! Well Done! 8-)
    • Morning (for some places on earth) people!!

Without giving too much away, can you see where the 'starting point' is? What number do you meet first? That should be the first snowball target. And you note down rest of the targets :)
      And finally, the total of these snowball targets.

Hope that helps.

For info, those who have already sent in the answers, you have done so in the correct format :)