Would this get me banned?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Would this get me banned?

I had an idea to get myself some help for doing achievements. I'm pretty sure it doesn't violate the rules (namely multiaccounting), but I wanted to run it by you guys and have an admin confirm it's ok before I do it.

I want to ask a buddy of mine to register and kind of build under my instructions and then have him build up an army specifically for me to destroy to get some of the killing units achievements done. We wouldn't be sharing IP addresses, this is going to be a different person with a different computer. But technically it's still a dummy account since he would be playing through my instructions. Would this be acceptable? I won't do it if it's gonna get me banned. (Footnote: I also intend to make another account of my own, on a DIFFERENT server, which would be doing the same things I'm asking him to do on my server and would exist for the purpose of keeping track of the status of his empire.)
    • Hi,

according to Game Rules:

Game Rules wrote:

1. Multi accounts

It is possible to maintain several accounts on one and the same server. These have to be announced to us by using a game internal function. Direct interaction between these multi accounts is not allowed. Circumventing these rules via other players is not allowed.

which means you can't have a friend of yours register an account to gain advantage, nor can they have you register on their server on the same purpose.

Kind regards,
      Vaire
    • I had a friend set up a multi account and I managed to get all of the troop and ship packs through it. He then just let the multi account go inactive and it was deleted/ghosted. Who would even know about the arrangement and who would even care? I would not even call that gaining an advantage. I could have still gotten all my troop/ship packs but it just would have taken a bit longer.
    • You disturbed my hibernation. I had to wake up to write this...

zophas wrote:

I had a friend
      Sure.

zophas wrote:

Who would even know about the arrangement and who would even care?
      Who indeed.
      To answer your first question: We all know now.
      To answer your second question: Me, and all those oldies out there... Cass, Solar, Quartz, etc etc...even Draxo (yes, yes, even him.. that green dragon who spits out on everyone's nerves, (once in a while :D ), but hey, I'm sure he cares too!; to name but a few.
      Those who were once warriors and admirals, who fought for their alliances, who helped out with gold, protected the young ones, their people; fought for this forum, for Gameforge. Well, guess what.. we care!

Anyway, thanks for telling us this bull.

And a Happy New Year.

edit: MOTM 8|
      NOW, I'm really awake.
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Hi,

I am not sure about which achievements are you talking about exactly..but I think it would be easier if you find a friend that already has account in your world and you are not in the same alliance and most importantly he/she is the same type of crazy as you are and do the achievements together. It just seems less complicated than getting someone to build account from scratch for same purposes.

There are achievements for building 100,000 ballista ships, or catapult ships, or archers (like why on Earth would you build that?!), but then there are achievements for killing 100,000 of these same units. Perhaps you and your-type-of-crazy-friend could build each 100,000 of whatever and send them to fight each other. I don't see anything illegal in doing this.

There are achievements for winning battles using just catapult ships/ballista ships/archers etc. You will need a town without a wall for the land units, for which I would recomend using a mobile colony and even if none of you has a mobile colony, then ask someone that has one to set it for both of you.

If you don't know anyone from your world, you can always try posting in the from of your world that you are looking for someone, to work with you on getting all these achievements.

Cass,
      =^_^=

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
      -Richard Le Gallienne
      "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Cassiopea ().

• Cassiopea wrote:

and most importantly he/she is the same type of crazy as you are and do the achievements together.

Cassiopea wrote:

If you don't know anyone from your world, you can always try posting in the from of your world that you are looking for someone, to work with you on getting all these achievements.

My sentiments exactly!
      Why create multi accounts for such achievements? (small population and useless which get ghosted and just adds more and more ghosted accounts cluttered in the "Ikariam Cemetery")

To me (and this is my personal opinion), multi accounts are either used to donate to islands or to fill up the islands so no one takes that space. Any other is just... well, I won't go into this as it only causes me more rage.

There are still players out there who may like to have this 'fun'. I admit it can become a bit tedious in the end, but just those couple of weeks of insanity will just put you in a lunatic asylum.
      I went through that. The player wanted to fight with spearmen; for nearly 10 days I built spearmen for him. We fought for days.
      I really didn't know why. But ok.. he wanted it because he was insane, and I went for it, because I was bored transporting wine and clicking 1m05 of 3 videos every morning.
      You'll Never Walk Alone