newbie questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Depends why they are blocking your port. If they are just going to use your town to get on the island to attack someone else dont panic as you will gain a small amount of the goods they pillage.
      If they are coming to attack you either fight back or make sure they dont get any goods from you. Use them to donate to the island if you have over your warehouse limits. They will soon get board if they dont get anything and move on to someone else.
    • just attack them do not think it. However, this is not a game of total points and generals the game is a matter of strategy and skill . I play to beat everyone . Do what you can do after time you can destroy them without problems. No mercy
    • Paulious wrote:

Depends why they are blocking your port. If they are just going to use your town to get on the island to attack someone else dont panic as you will gain a small amount of the goods they pillage.
      If they are coming to attack you either fight back or make sure they dont get any goods from you. Use them to donate to the island if you have over your warehouse limits. They will soon get board if they dont get anything and move on to someone else.
      how to donate to island?
      does this include coin resource? I mean, I know how to donate wood, but dunno how to donate crystal, sulphur, etc...
    • 1. Have you build temple with no priests
      2. Is he attacking for raiding purposes
      3. Have you reached Bureaucracy
      4. Have you build 4x10lvl warehouses

If your temple reducess miracle faith it makes sense he wants you to ho inactive. If he attacks for res then build warehouses. After 4 empty attacks contact him politely. Against blocade use smuggling
    • Ikariam wrote:

The smuggler contingent

The smuggler contingent is available to all players that have not researched Bureaucracy yet. It allows players to send out goods despite an occupied port or town.
      The smuggler contingent amounts to 8000 goods per day for an occupied town/port and will be reset at 5:20 (server time).
      During an occupation (regardless of whether port and/or town) no goods can be offered at the trading post, however there is a chance of buying goods via the trading post.
      When a port is occupied, the smuggler contingent applies to transports by sea and in an occupied town, it applies to inland transport. If port and town are occupied, the smuggler contingent applies to inland and sea transport.
      Trade Routes
      Trade routes still remain in place during an occupation. However, they do not work anymore if the hometown OR target town is occupied.
      If you have just started then blockade dosent do much against you. Just let attacks fly and keep damage low. DO NOT build troops to be killed. He might be hunting to kill some easy units. Just politely talk with your attacker.
    • Are you aware that for smaller new players, you can use the smuggler's contingent?

Make sure that your resources are BELOW your warehouse safe limits and don't worry about it too much. Bullies usually go away if they gain nothing from the occupation.
    • andwan0 wrote:

I just started, and low level, low research, etc. so all those things mentioned above I can't get access easily.
      Then your number 1 weapon is politeness. Be polite and find your inner party animal. If talking with your pillager is just empty words. Well there are hundreds of players in every server. If you have fun and enjoyable personality. Im sure you can find friends too. Not just enemies.

That said these early problems are best solved alone.

Priorities:

1. Build four warehouses and lvl them up equally
      2. build up population (Town hall and tavern)
      3. build lvl 10 academies

Do this awhile keeping 0 general (no choice since you are under attacks), donating daily to forest and miracle and using smuggling. Slowly you will get to the point that your account gets lot bigger and you can chose to fight back or seek peace with culture deal. Also make sure he dosent get anything. Even if you end up donating most of your income. Its better than giving that res to him. At least your income will grow eventually. Invest in your future.

What you DO NOT do. Is build lvl 1 temple for no reason, send threats(if you have done that. Apologize.) or generally act like jackass. You also wont learn to play this game if you ask others to solve all your problems. So before asking someone to "deal" your attacker. Try to resolve things alone. My best friends in this game have always been old enemies. You dont get those relationships if you dont deal your problems yourself.

Also learn to love that red general. It is an invitation for fun.
    • I am new to the game only 4 days so far- the island I am on has currently is crystal with only three active players one being blockaded- two brand new starters today and the rest are all inactive. Two-four days ago lots of new starters all have given up and are inactive with 0 workers in sawmill. The sawmill is level 4 so maximum amount of wood possible is 80 per hour. The barbarian army is now too hard to kill. I am slowly very very slowly levelling up buildings but the amounts required to level up are becoming unrealistic with no hope of improving the wood rate since nobody donates. I am experienced games player and know that it can be tough to get started but I am at a loss as to how I can get building any faster without. Buying the steam saw only gets me 16 more so 96 per hour. This means that after about a week I may have enough to colonise another island but will probably be blockaded long before that same as the other player on the island. Trading was my hope but nobody sells wood on next island. I cannot join an alliance since the research for that is still days away. The game was fine at the start but for last couple of days I can just get online add a build or a research and do nothing else- try 8 hours or so later to see if I can build another level. I am still in godly protection. I must be missing something I have plus for another 4-5 days. Any ideas.
    • Every start is very hard,you have to be persistent to achieve something.For the beginning, all the trees enter the island to spread the mine,and in that way increased production,upgrade the house to have more workers.Colonization on marble is very important
      for progress.

My advice when investigating colonization makes a new city on the marble, and the old one descends and makes another city on the marble.
      Life is an eternal struggle.
      Who does,he can.Who knows no fear,goes forward.
      V.Z.Misic
    • Well I assume you are newbie in Lips or Kaikias. I personally play in Kaikias. This game is extremely slow early and science is key to rapid growth. Science and population. Just keep those 2 in mind and you do fine early. There is no need huge amount of troops or alliance. Just talk with people directly and make friends. Share culture. and so on.

Do not ask res.. Its not likely you get any. Just ask advice
    • Playing on Lips- I do understand slow starts but last two days have just got exceedingly slower with little progress- yes I have got town hall to 5 and academy just building to level 6 and full of scientists but will be days yet before I can colonise to marble island and all nearby ones are full with 16 players so going to be a long way away. I was following guide on research to be done but have prioritised expansion for colonising. I know I should not really colonise before I have walls up and a strong army with a few warships to protect capital and that is why it might well be another 7-8 days at snails pace. I cannot understand- I keep thinking I am missing doing something obvious and that no game can have people just on a couple of times a day to just check if you have enough wood to build or enough science for research. Cannot do anything else meaningful that helps - I have read round the guides etc. I know why so many are continuously starting and giving up since they cannot do anything but hang around waiting. Does it actually get interesting soon?