will the forum change?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Dear users,

    please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

    The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

    Your Ikariam Team

    • will the forum change?

      Hi everyone

      just a question.

      today on the Italian forum appeared the message of the staff announcing the closure of the existing forum and the opening of a new one.
      who wants to be present on the new forum, will have to register again.
      the old forum will remain visible only in reading and then it will be closed.
      I would just like to know if it is a change that affects all the forums in the world


      thank you
    • These changes will affect the boards of all the Ikariam communities.
      Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Almost 2 years ago we had an upgrade from WBB3 to WBB4.1 (Board Update to Version WBB4.1)
      We lost all PMs and some of the threads in conversion, not to mention the long period of inactivity to fix various things that were not properly converted automatically.
      So, this time, for this upgrade, nothing will be converted. The board will be completely empty.
      We have to register again and fill it with new threads.
      But, there is a little thing you can do to keep a history of what you had.
      When the current boards enters read-only mode (14.02.2019) go to the thread you want to keep, make sure all spoilers are visible, and print it into a PDF file and attach it to your first post in your new thread on the new boards.
    • yes, they know, things have to be setup for the launch.
      But, like on any new thing, when you start setting it some problems may appear, new facts can change the initial decision, so nothing can be announced yet as it isn't final. It all depends on how setup works.


    • zophas wrote:

      This forum change will lose them even more players. They are throwing away 11 years of peoples memories. They may as well just shut the game down.
      How often do you check the archived topics? And do you play only because of the forum?
      Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Antikythera wrote:

      yes, they know, things have to be setup for the launch.
      But, like on any new thing, when you start setting it some problems may appear, new facts can change the initial decision, so nothing can be announced yet as it isn't final. It all depends on how setup works.





      but what about the language to use? will it be only English ???

      thanks
      Antikythera
    • Draxo wrote:

      zophas wrote:

      This forum change will lose them even more players. They are throwing away 11 years of peoples memories. They may as well just shut the game down.
      How often do you check the archived topics? And do you play only because of the forum?
      I am on a forum for fun and socializing with other members,I enter the game from time to time.And I'm on a forum every day.
      Life is an eternal struggle.
      Who does,he can.Who knows no fear,goes forward.
      V.Z.Misic
    • _LUKY_ wrote:

      but what about the language to use? will it be only English ???
      Nothing changes from this point of view.
      Communities still keep their languages, only instead of having 32 links for separate boards, there will be only one link containing 32 communities.
      All communities will be in one place.
      If you play on this community and on other 3 communities you won't have 4 board accounts, but only one account to post on all. Multi -account rule on the boards remain... be careful


      You see now Forum with sections
      News
      Ikariam - The Game
      Ikariam - The Community
      Ikariam - The Projects
      Ikariam - The Worlds


      You will see almost the same thing only it'll be English Forum, for example. Or Francais Forum, each of them with similar sections.


      You will have access to all forums with one account.
      As an example you can look here: forum.wildguns.gameforge.com/forum/
      This is a forum for another Gameforge game recently setup this way. Not many posts in each, so you can make a clear view of the structure.

      You can also hide sections you do not need to see on daily basis and keep only what interests you, make it one community board only from your own setting.

      The best part is that this new board is more stable as a software. Editing using various formats (colour, sizes, fonts like I do now here) works better, does not crash so often. Also, post counts are added from all communities to one account It'll be easier for you to manage.


      I'm not saying it'll be exactly the same, but similar to the link I showed you, a combination of what we have now and what will be when we will be together like a big family.
    • Antikythera wrote:

      _LUKY_ wrote:

      but what about the language to use? will it be only English ???
      Nothing changes from this point of view.Communities still keep their languages, only instead of having 32 links for separate boards, there will be only one link containing 32 communities.
      All communities will be in one place.
      If you play on this community and on other 3 communities you won't have 4 board accounts, but only one account to post on all. Multi -account rule on the boards remain... be careful


      You see now Forum with sections
      News
      Ikariam - The Game
      Ikariam - The Community
      Ikariam - The Projects
      Ikariam - The Worlds

      You will see almost the same thing only it'll be English Forum, for example. Or Francais Forum, each of them with similar sections.


      You will have access to all forums with one account.
      As an example you can look here: forum.wildguns.gameforge.com/forum/
      This is a forum for another Gameforge game recently setup this way. Not many posts in each, so you can make a clear view of the structure.

      You can also hide sections you do not need to see on daily basis and keep only what interests you, make it one community board only from your own setting.

      The best part is that this new board is more stable as a software. Editing using various formats (colour, sizes, fonts like I do now here) works better, does not crash so often. Also, post counts are added from all communities to one account It'll be easier for you to manage.


      I'm not saying it'll be exactly the same, but similar to the link I showed you, a combination of what we have now and what will be when we will be together like a big family.

      Thank you for this information.
      Life is an eternal struggle.
      Who does,he can.Who knows no fear,goes forward.
      V.Z.Misic