War announcements?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• War announcements?

It has come to our attention that a the leaders of some of the alliances that we're at war with don't have the decency to send out an alliance round mail about the impending war. It's the least you can do for your hapless members, if you're just spam recruiting to get your numbers up and unsuspectingly push them to destruction.

We have received a lot of "I didn't know we were at war with you guys" or "I just got recruited, didn't know about the war"...

I hope the GO's can implement some sort of automatic round mail generation once war have been declared between alliances. It's amazing how these guys think they can go to war against us when they don't even have the first step down, which is communication.
  • The sad part is, they are recruiting people with 1/2 or LESS the military score of the local ATers.

Lambs to the slaughter house.

Anyways, I could almost understand this tactic if it was costing us, but it's not. Military score +100K from the start of the war. Hell, I managed to get a GR4 upgrade started. my second since the start of the war.
  • Bruce wrote:

yeah, it's there, as soon as a war is declared, people know. That's because it's posted on the forum and is public information :)
    Not everyone that plays the game is registered and/or visits the forum. It's disheartening to attack someone that has no idea why. In an ideal society yes they would peruse the forums daily, but several don't even speak or understand english.

What about an automatic notice that goes out to the registered email:

Your alliance is at war with so and so alliance, plz contact your leaders for more information.
  • nitemare wrote:

but several don't even speak or understand english.

What about an automatic notice that goes out to the registered email:

Because you just pointed out a reason WHY to not sent auto messages. Plus all this can do is make the servers load even more and take the devs time away from other bugs and features. Again, wars are a forum thing, so it make sense that people visit the forum to know if they're at war.
  • Right, war is a forum thing, so if the player never visits or even knows about the forum how would they know about the war unless the alliance tells them?
  • I'd wager that a majority of ikariam players don't frequent the forums. Until war Declarations become an in-game feature, or the Moderators can send out ocean-wide or alliance-wide messages themselves alliance members will have to rely on thier leadership to issue the bad news.

If I were in an alliance that didn't keep it's players informed, I would quit, and find one that had the common decency to let me know when to lube up prior to getting pounded.
  • I can't find the joke sections on these forums...OH! Nevermind.

zinfamous wrote:

not everyone reads these forums. they're kind of a joke.

Bruce wrote:

yeah, it's there, as soon as a war is declared, people know. That's because it's posted on the forum and is public information :)

Abdonished for spam..
    /NZP
  • A war is a forum thing. There's no effect ingame. Consider it as a deal between you and the game team, that you wont be banned if you are part of alliance-a and you bash a member of alliance-b.
    If a war is declared against an alliance where no members read the forums, they will find out anyways sooner or later.. If not before, then when they try to report the attackers for bashing.
    If the leader saw the topic, and failed to tell his members, they will find out.. And i think i would leave an alliance that treats me like that! So that would'nt be the best strategy for the leader imo.. =/
  • I wanted to say that Game Over members do know that we are at war.

I will endeavour to notify our secretary to notify applicants of the war-status : )

Kapnkream wrote:

I can't find the joke sections on these forums...OH! Nevermind.

Abdonished for spam..
    /NZP
    I still don't get the joke, but I think that the abdonishment was funny : )
  • Phenoca wrote:

I wanted to say that Game Over members do know that we are at war.

I will endeavour to notify our secretary to notify applicants of the war-status : )

Kapnkream wrote:

I can't find the joke sections on these forums...OH! Nevermind.

Abdonished for spam..
    /NZP
    I still don't get the joke, but I think that the abdonishment was funny : )
    What I find hilarious is both of you spell "admonish" incorrectly. Oh man, I am going to get myself banned now for correcting a mod. :banned:

Back to topic of discussion:
    What I don't get is why not build the war declaration mechanism into the game instead of having it declared in a forum where it has been stated that not everyone visits? There are already treaties in game, so why not add war declaration as well? This would also make keeping track of the bashing rule easier, wouldn't it?
  • I think I got it, if we declare war in game, then nobody would read the forums... But not a lot of people read the forums anyways, so that would create chaos and code loops and such...