Players who dont help upgrade...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Players who dont help upgrade...

Hindesmith has cities that are working the mines etc with 230+ on the glass but he hasnt contributo the upgrades.

Then there is Jessica with 230+ workers collecting wood, who has a level 17 city but contributed nothing to the woodmill upgrade. Herps II with his 360+ workers and city level 17 who has managed to find only 100 wood to help... Too many tight fisted players who dont help, but just take instead. Sad sad sad!

There must be more, so name and shame these users and abusers. :tres:
    • I've been relatively fortunate. I do need to donate more to be truly equal on one or two islands but am not too shame-faced with a half-million in donated wood beneath my belt ^^

GAME FORGE!
      Please reconsider your permanent ban practices!

:!: Contribute to & Vote on: :!:
      (Suggestion: The lit match has been dropped. Its too late now... :thumbdown: )
    • My idea is:
      Each level of town allows you set a max workers. And how many you have donated allows you max of workers.
      So I think:
      The level of you town (example):
      Level 19: 500 workers.
      The level of saw mill (example):
      Level 14: According to level of your town: 500 workers
      BUT!: It also according to how many you have donate for upgrading.
      So 1000 woods donated: 100 workers max
      2000 woods donated: 200 workers max
      3000 woods donated: 250 workers max.
      4000 woods donated 275 workers max.

What are you thinking of my idea?

(I'm from the Netherlands, my english is not very good :))
    • I have a simpler method, look at donators list, if I think the donator hasn't given an appropriate amount based of his/her town level or workers working then I give a 24 hours ultimatum to start donating or I will take the donation from them by force minus expenses incurred. It resolves the problem in an extremely short amount of time. Peace and tranquility persists on my islands through fear, but in this game how else can one deal with unreasonable individuals?

If you don't have a military to enforce this type of action feel free to contact me in game and for a small fee I will take care of it for you.
    • I do not consider tyranny to be an effective tool in maintaining control, especially when there exists a blatantly obvious weakness in the chain. Of course it does entail a temporary boost in mines' production levels but it also makes enemies.

One or two can be handled without much trouble, however even a strong player can fall upon the blade of the sighted and coordinated.

GAME FORGE!

• James Cauchi wrote:

One or two can be handled without much trouble, however even a strong player can fall upon the blade of the sighted and coordinated.
      I have had people run to a big alliance after my ultimatum. It caused me to message the leadership and explain the situation to which they forced him to donate or be kicked out, they started donating.

I used to message people and kindly ask them to donate, 90% of my requests were ignored repeatedly. My new method is successful 90% of the time and I have had zero repercussions. Several people I have given my ultimatum to have joined my alliance. In this type of game where there are limitations on how to convince people to do the right thing I still argue intimidation is the best method.
    • stealwings wrote:

That isn't really fair for newbies that, is not that we don't want to donate, is that we don't have anything to donate. ;( ;( ;( ;(
      I don't mess with people until they have a level 10 town and over 200 people working there and I don't expect much from them. As long as I don't see a zero on the list I let it slide until they are well on their way past the newbie stage. :cheers:
    • sinaptic wrote:

stealwings wrote:

That isn't really fair for newbies that, is not that we don't want to donate, is that we don't have anything to donate. ;( ;( ;( ;(
      I don't mess with people until they have a level 10 town and over 200 people working there and I don't expect much from them. As long as I don't see a zero on the list I let it slide until they are well on their way past the newbie stage. :cheers:

I use a simular approach as you do bro... However, there is one or two that do try to press the limits. I will contact their alliance if they are part one or I will pillage and then donate timber only to a given resource. The rules we follow on all my islands is:

Level 0-5 Towns: No donations required. This will allow time to get established.
      Level 6-10 Towns: 1000 x town level
      Level 11-15 Towns: 1500 x town level
      Level 16- 20 Towns: 2000 x town level
      Anything above 20: 2500 x town level

As soon as I see a new member join one of my islands, I send them this so they can prepare themselves down the road. I am the enforcer on the islands that I have colonies on and everyone knows that I don't PLAY when it comes to freeloaders!
    • FINintheMOON wrote:

sinaptic wrote:

stealwings wrote:

I use a simular approach as you do bro... However, there is one or two that do try to press the limits. I will contact their alliance if they are part one or I will pillage and then donate timber only to a given resource. The rules we follow on all my islands is:

Level 0-5 Towns: No donations required. This will allow time to get established.

As soon as I see a new member join one of my islands, I send them this so they can prepare themselves down the road. I am the enforcer on the islands that I have colonies on and everyone knows that I don't PLAY when it comes to freeloaders!

That means 6k of wood for a level 6 town, for a newbie I think that is pretty much! It will slow newbies more and more to get developed, I mean, for and upgrade of a place and governor's residence is more than 10k of wood only, and also for units to defend the town from invader (i just got one guy that attacked me and stole my good because I have no army), every phalanx costs 104 of wood, ten is already a fortune for us (the newbies). I always try to make effort in donations, but is not easy, I donated gold since I don't really need gold from the moment, but wood is somehow very needed for upgrades, and more if you have your citizens unhappy and about to become evil ;( . Please understand our situation.
    • stealwings wrote:

FINintheMOON wrote:

sinaptic wrote:

stealwings wrote:

That means 6k of wood for a level 6 town, for a newbie I think that is pretty much! It will slow newbies more and more to get developed, I mean, for and upgrade of a place and governor's residence is more than 10k of wood only, and also for units to defend the town from invader (i just got one guy that attacked me and stole my good because I have no army), every phalanx costs 104 of wood, ten is already a fortune for us (the newbies). I always try to make effort in donations, but is not easy, I donated gold since I don't really need gold from the moment, but wood is somehow very needed for upgrades, and more if you have your citizens unhappy and about to become evil ;( . Please understand our situation.
      That won't work. I have people on my island that donate as much as possible and they really dont have any workers. And there are some new people that spoil from the riches of the generous. So what would you do there?
    • my theory is this: if you have enough workers to max out your sawmill and luxury source, you have enough wood coming in to make some donations. i often find that people will max out workers, and have tens of thousands of wood hoarded away, but donate nothing.

ALSO if you colonize an island with a respectably upgraded sawmill/luxury source, that's not an excuse not to donate. if you are going to benefit, you must give something up.
    • James Cauchi wrote:

Many have tried....and failed.....and I said failed because you can't die in a game like this...

Sinaptic is not only a strong player....he is backed by a group of strong and coordinated players.....
    • Paul Atreides wrote:

Many have tried....and failed.....and I said failed because you can't die in a game like this...

Sinaptic is not only a strong player....he is backed by a group of strong and coordinated players.....
      I have no doubt that Sinaptic has the backing of strong players. I am merely pointing out that making sufficient enemies in-game is not going to float well over the long-term. Gamma is a perfect example of what can happen if this fundamental truth is taken lightly.

GAME FORGE!

• James Cauchi wrote:

I have no doubt that Sinaptic has the backing of strong players. I am merely pointing out that making sufficient enemies in-game is not going to float well over the long-term. Gamma is a perfect example of what can happen if this fundamental truth is taken lightly.
      I agree with what you are saying whole heartedly, regardless of how strong an alliance is if you have an entire severs united against you, there is no chance of survival.

There is another fundamental truth of this game that goes unnoticed by so many players, if people would play the game properly they would not get attacked. If you donate a reasonable amount to the island you share with others they will not attack you. If you defend your belongings, you will not get attacked. If you are getting attacked you are doing something wrong, plain and simple, learn from your mistakes, if alliances were proactive and taught there members how to play this game instead of attacking the pillagers, the pillaging would stop without one combat report.
    • sinaptic wrote:

I agree with what you are saying whole heartedly, regardless of how strong an alliance is if you have an entire severs united against you, there is no chance of survival.

There is another fundamental truth of this game that goes unnoticed by so many players, if people would play the game properly they would not get attacked. If you donate a reasonable amount to the island you share with others they will not attack you. If you defend your belongings, you will not get attacked. If you are getting attacked you are doing something wrong, plain and simple, learn from your mistakes, if alliances were proactive and taught there members how to play this game instead of attacking the pillagers, the pillaging would stop without one combat report.
      Well... stinted growth perhaps with a bunch of lower-level drop-outs. Either way, basically in agreement.

I'll also grant that leeching is an express-ticket to loss of favour amongst contributing occupants. The game presently favours the defender one-on-one but I'd say that the game would be significantly closer to balanced once ram ability units are reinstated. Your fundamental truths apply.

GAME FORGE!

• My alliance doesn't have an official stand on it, but we certainly won't do a full on attack on some weak player for not donating. If you've been on the island for months and haven't donated a scratch then it might be a problem, though.
    • Re: Players who dont help upgrade...

Please keep in mind that a player can be a leech on one Island and no.1 contributor on all his other islands.

If I am not certain of the fact that particular player doesn't donate at all, I wouldn't even dare calling him a leech. But sending a kind message asking for contributions to the Island's resource deposit shouldn't hurt anyone. It the player sees that as a threat, make your next message a real threat.

Jorne.