ZSR Vs IRON

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• ZSR Vs IRON

ZSR is officially declaring war on the IRON alliance

Reason:

One of members attacked an IRON member an LOST. The IRON Diplomat contacted us and DEMANDED immediate payment for units lost.
    We did not take too kindly to that. Things got out of hand. We have been battling for over a week now, so let's make it official.

The war will last for 7 days.

Please note to both sides:

No bashing for 12 hours from right now, I mean now, no now...

Good luck to both sides.
  • Aye, it happened as you said it did. Your alliance member attacked our alliance member. In the process destroyed that member's assets.

As per standard procedure we asked the attacker for reparations equal to the cost to replace those units destroyed. It was actually a small token amount. This is pretty customary in many online games. It is also used as a good-faith statement to show future intentions. If an aggressor pays reparations, it usually means they're not just stocking up a military to attack again in the future. It is a commonly used litmus test. Unfortunately it seems your leaders are not experienced enough to recognize this and basically flipped out over PMs. The reaction is that you were appaled we asked for repayment for damages caused. Not only that, your guy was arrogant enough to say it was us, the defenders, that should be responsible for paying you because your member lost the battle in his attack. This just goes too far. It boggles the mind. Heck, we were even prepared to let that go, but some of your members decided they wanted to take the opportunity to attack instead.

So, to war we march because our continued efforts to reach an even-tempered resolution failed... because our logical responses were met with unchecked emotion from your side of the fence.

Good luck out there and maybe we can have a good laugh after its done. Its just a game afterall, and both alliances are made of people people trying to have fun.

SackO'Hammers - Sidiric League President

The post was edited 1 time, last by SackOHammers ().

• To us the translation was "Pay us this or we go to war"! We made our choice.

In a conversation, there is "What we say", "What they hear". When talking you can put emphasis in certain places to align the two.
    In typing, not so easy :( , folks of course take things literally. As we did in this case.
    Like I said we were already warring, might as well declare it.

In 6.5 days The war will end and we will pick up the pieces and pay off the massive war loans.
  • Aye, sometimes subtlties are lost in written word. We typically do use strong language when an alliance attacks our alliance unprovoked. Strong language is deserved in those circumstances to send a message of strength. Based on the emotion level of some of your alliances responses, I suspect you would do the same were the circumstances reversed.

Lets have fun with this ol' war.... nation building without interruption gets boring anyway.

See you on the other side.

SackO'Hammers - Sidiric League President
  • Cirtapk wrote:

Finally a war where both salliances fight and take damage. Good luck to both sides, and let the battles begin.

Erm, LGN vs. shank. Shank may have been winning but LGN was definitely fighting. That is until res unknown and jeremy got banned.
  • You guys are being way too nice to each other.

Chilidog, I heard that SackOHammers say derogatory things about your mother and a junkyard dog. Now go get him!

:thumbsup:
  • Eliteforce wrote:

Cirtapk wrote:

Finally a war where both salliances fight and take damage. Good luck to both sides, and let the battles begin.

Erm, LGN vs. shank. Shank may have been winning but LGN was definitely fighting. That is until res unknown and jeremy got banned.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer. I am a member of the ZSR. What I meant was, that this is the first war I've been in where both alliances are fighting and taking damage. Sorry about that.

Anyways, Let's bring down the hammer ZSR! :D
  • I agreed Zeus, I even had those msgs saying that they sacked the Diplomat of Iron, because he was to soft and did not know how to use his common sense...

LOL. there is not respect among them....

Iron, will receive nothing back, and we will take now more resources from them, so they learn to go with their demands somewhere else. Diplomacy has been put aside,
    thanks.
  • Zeus, once again you state your tired old opinion and demonstrate that you are ignorant in common practise in at least some online browser games.
    It is not "rediculous" to ask for reparations when you are attacked. It is one step down from escalating a war.
    When someone attacks us you get one of two responses:
    1) we escalate the situation, interpret the action as an attack against our alliance and attack back
    2) we give the aggressor the benefit of the doubt. We allow them a chance to rethink what they've done. (Yes, people do accidently attack the wrong town in this game, click on the wrong city, etc). We give them the opportunity to say sorry and give a good-faith repayment for the damaged they cause. You know... when you walk into a store... "you break it, you buy it". Since for some reason this is beyond your grasp there is no point in discussing it further. I'm absolutely certain my words here have not changed your mind, nor are they intended to do so. I'm stating it here so that the other members in your alliance may understand why they're at war.

As for 'sacking' anyone on our staff. You only know what we choose to tell you. You believe what we have led you to believe. You are obviously a novice at diplomatic chess games. We figured that was the case and we were correct. Unfortunately it didn't get the result we desired, but to our credit, you did believe it.
    I will say it was humorous to listen to all the replies from you guys about how inferiour our diplomatic moves were.... Zeus and all this business about digging holes. It really is amusing watching a child try to figure out a puzzle that is beyond his intellectual grasp... even when it seems so elementary to those looking on.

As for the statement about "taking more resources" from us. Your little tactical victories upon one or two of our members may turn out to be a strategic loss for you in the end. You're gaining nothing in pillaging, but spending resources attacking. Again, I'll attribute this to your short-sightedness in your planning. For those looking on, be sure that there are no massive attacks being waged, no massive looting taking place. We may have one of our members against the ropes (the person that was initally jumped and suprised attacked in all of this).... but we have identified numberous chinks in your armor. You guys are just spread too thin.....That is evidenced by how many of your cities are experiencing 'round-the-clock' blockades from our navies. 95% of your attacks thus far are a failure.

I think you should earn repeated major victories before you allow your own egos to talk as much trash as you're allowing yourselves.

How is that for being less nice? You'll find I'm a straight-shooter and don't feel the need to give unthought emotionally charged responses. I'd rather quietly crush the silly little incoming navies you keep sending to my towns without any bravado. Then simply let someone counter-attack your weak side. When its all said and done, I don't need to come to any forums to validate my victories in front of everyone. I'm just not that insecure.

Hammers - Sidiric League President
  • "You're gaining nothing in pillaging, but spending resources attacking. Again, I'll attribute this to your short-sightedness in your planning. For those looking on, be sure that there are no massive attacks being waged, no massive looting taking place."
    Lemme ask someone with alil common-sense...
    What do you gain from unsuccessful blockade?
    I'll attribute this to the contents of your sack.
    I couldn't help pointing out one specimen of the feces. :pms:
  • Your talk is boring, 100%, you should be one of those nerds without a girl, lol.

Sackonails, I am the diplomat of the alliance and I say here now, that your diplomats are a bunch of kids, that do not know how to deal with this..That is why you have to be changing them like if they were socks, If you need to the deal with the Diplomat is me. Learn to address the right people with the right ranks...

for now I will tell you this,

the members that you said are again the ropes, We will use the same ropes and hang them for the rest of Iron not to ask for things that are senseless 100%.

Nothing else to say.
    thanks.
  • Hmmm? Whats this?

Your 50 little canon fodder boats were only about 26 hours away, not 43. I see you called them back home. Probably a wise move on your part. You're probably wasting time with those 5 other token ships you have coming my way as well. I see they are a day and 19 hours out. You might as well call them back. I see they're slower boats so at least they're a little more powerful than the weaklings you tried to send before.

Honestly Vlaad, save your efforts and spend your resources on higher level hideouts. Your defensive spies are shirking their responsibilities.

Zeus, wow. You articulate yourself so well. I don't even know how to respond.

NYC, if you were the respected diplomat withing your organization that you purport to be... the single point of contact, then why did your leader go over your head and start giving us nonsense and call to war. He didn't express himself through you. So if you're scratching your head wondering why we didn't exclusively deal with you, is because your disorganized leadership cast you aside and directly contacted us, calling for war with emtionally based messages. Its a shame, too. I read your messages. You and Zinji got along well. You're a genuinely nice fella who conducted himself in a manner that deserves respect. You and I would probably get along over a pint of beer.

If the rest of you guys are going to bother in this thread, at least come up with something worth saying, you're supposed to be the leaders and representatives of the 7th ranke... oops now 8th ranked alliance on the Zeta server. As we say in the biz... "attitude is a reflection of leadership". I encourage you to conduct yourselves like leaders of a proud alliance. Your members deserve it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SackOHammers ().

• Krugar wrote:

You guys are being way too nice to each other.

Chilidog, I heard that SackOHammers say derogatory things about your mother and a junkyard dog. Now go get him!

:thumbsup:
    Krugar,

Awesome. I was looking for you to post in some of our other war threads. I did not steal your war declaration style for this one, but in the past.... perhaps
    Thanks for following!

I am currently visiting some of IRONs more profitable players. I wonder if you guys found him during your war :)
    I will be counting the gold in a few hours!!!! I will get another trade ship on them.
  • SackOHammers wrote:

Hmmm? Whats this?

Your 50 little canon fodder boats were only about 26 hours away, not 43. I see you called them back home. Probably a wise move on your part. You're probably wasting time with those 5 other token ships you have coming my way as well. I see they are a day and 19 hours out. You might as well call them back. I see they're slower boats so at least they're a little more powerful than the weaklings you tried to send before.
    No, Sack, it's just that you saw them EARLIER. LOL

As for those 5 ships coming - those are nuclear submarines... Duh.

Honestly Vlaad, save your efforts and spend your resources on higher level hideouts. Your defensive spies are shirking their responsibilities.
    Nah, I'll just withdraw my spies from IRON towns.

Oh, and tell Airhead and Sticky Fingers I said "hi".

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vlaad ().