300 vs. THR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • 300 vs. THR

    300 Spartans declare war against THR alliance.


    Reasons: Curzon Dax aggression toward one of 300 player and we hope they will give us a decent war.


    War ends when THR disband or when we decide to end the war.
  • I look forward to reading some of "The Great Curzon Dax's"combat reports

    may the better warriors win

    :woot: 300 :woot:

    now where did i put my wheel barrow to cart back some of that THR gold
  • While a war declaration wasn't unexpected (there have been rumblings for quite some time that 300 was looking to declare war on THR), accusing me of starting it is wrong.

    While it *is* true that I attacked a member of 300, there *was* cause.

    A member of 300 (marinaph) by name is a neighbor of mine, and while doing a search for inactives, I noticed that marinaph had a general score of 0. I sent a spy to his various towns and noted that his port levels were all L13+.

    I sent an attack to his capital (4 phalanxes), and looted 37 tradeships worth of stuff from the single attack. Given 300's warmongering, I thought it very odd to see a 300 player without any general score and boasting high level ports, so I sent marinaph a message saying just that: "Hey there! You probably noticed that I just attacked you; since you have no general score and are in 300, I'm presuming you're inactive since I've never seen someone like you in their ranks. Let me know if you still play."

    I got a message back from marinaph noting that they were an active player, and I didn't attack them again.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I attacked an obvious farm using a safe set of presumptions, and despite the profitability of it, I chose not to attack them again because they were active and part of 300.

    Like I said; 300's war declaration against THR isn't unexpected, but trying to use me as a scapegoat is underhanded. If you really had a grievance against me, part of the conditions of your war ending would include me having to make an apology, or return the resources.

    Barbaras even sent me a note approving of my raiding, and asking if I wanted to join 300; I made my stance clear to him, and I presume he shared my thoughts with the appropriate parties; I presumed friendship and comraderie were in order in the near future...apparently such is not the case, and that there are different factions within 300 who don't communicate with each other.

    Your alliance tag is somewhat misleading for certain.

    *EDIT* And Craig, you won't find mighty CRs from me - my general score is low, and I tend to only raid inactives. I'm not going to triple, quadruple, and quintuple my military score so that we can bash it against each other; I have no interest in fighting you, your alliance, or anyone else in this game. I'm here to gain points, and fighting isn't conducive to that end. My ports are destroyed, my army is disposable...*shrugs*

    -Curzon
  • well you expect that we will declare war to you, we do that.
    So fight now, no sense that we talk to much here, it is not important, we are in war now.
    Well let's fight

    Curzon Dax wrote:

    While a war declaration wasn't unexpected (there have been rumblings for quite some time that 300 was looking to declare war on THR), accusing me of starting it is wrong.

    While it *is* true that I attacked a member of 300, there *was* cause.

    A member of 300 (marinaph) by name is a neighbor of mine, and while doing a search for inactives, I noticed that marinaph had a general score of 0. I sent a spy to his various towns and noted that his port levels were all L13+.

    I sent an attack to his capital (4 phalanxes), and looted 37 tradeships worth of stuff from the single attack. Given 300's warmongering, I thought it very odd to see a 300 player without any general score and boasting high level ports, so I sent marinaph a message saying just that: "Hey there! You probably noticed that I just attacked you; since you have no general score and are in 300, I'm presuming you're inactive since I've never seen someone like you in their ranks. Let me know if you still play."

    I got a message back from marinaph noting that they were an active player, and I didn't attack them again.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I attacked an obvious farm using a safe set of presumptions, and despite the profitability of it, I chose not to attack them again because they were active and part of 300.

    Like I said; 300's war declaration against THR isn't unexpected, but trying to use me as a scapegoat is underhanded. If you really had a grievance against me, part of the conditions of your war ending would include me having to make an apology, or return the resources.

    Barbaras even sent me a note approving of my raiding, and asking if I wanted to join 300; I made my stance clear to him, and I presume he shared my thoughts with the appropriate parties; I presumed friendship and comraderie were in order in the near future...apparently such is not the case, and that there are different factions within 300 who don't communicate with each other.

    Your alliance tag is somewhat misleading for certain.

    *EDIT* And Craig, you won't find mighty CRs from me - my general score is low, and I tend to only raid inactives. I'm not going to triple, quadruple, and quintuple my military score so that we can bash it against each other; I have no interest in fighting you, your alliance, or anyone else in this game. I'm here to gain points, and fighting isn't conducive to that end. My ports are destroyed, my army is disposable...*shrugs*

    -Curzon
  • :tres: Like I said...no thanks. :) You can bring it to me, and bash yourself fruitlessly against my walls and looting my L1 port, but I don't keep a huge army; I can rebuild my entire military score in a day or two, and all my towns are pretty much in a state of needing a week or two to even finish anything that they're building now.

    My point was, you'll get no fight from me, I'm not warlike. If you're itching for a fight, you might be better served to find an alliance like yourself that is spoiling for a fight, but honestly, no one is confused. 300 declared war on THR because THR passed 300 in ranking. That happened for a lot of reasons I'm sure - you lost a lot of members during your fighting with other alliances, and we've been growing in peace.

    At any rate, good luck to you all, and I'll even go post a CR on behalf of someone in your alliance who just pillaged me (before the gold was spent and before I destroyed my ports)

    -Curzon
  • aaa i thinked that this war will be fun, but it seams that i will not enjoy killing you guys.
    I don't understand you people at all, where is fun in building?
    This game is war game and you can't refuse to fight, it is not ok to do that.
    You need to build army now
  • hercegovci wrote:

    aaa i thinked that this war will be fun, but it seams that i will not enjoy killing you guys.
    I don't understand you people at all, where is fun in building?
    This game is war game and you can't refuse to fight, it is not ok to do that.
    You need to build army now


    Well, herce, believe me if you hit 50 times per day for a week or two, they will notice it.

    ask Leo about rebuilding 8)



    enjoy
  • No, this isn't a war game. This is a building game. You don't advance or gain points by warring, which this entire game; and ALL of Gameforge's products are centered around. War exists in this game as a tool of diplomacy just as it does in life.

    This isn't war; there's no war to be had - its a matter of some warmongering folks trying to bully some other folks. Our members have been aware for quite some time that 300 was looking to extend its bullying to our own ranks in THR, and now you have. CKA and everyone else have been generous in their descriptions of your tactics.

    We know your major players, when they log on, when they're offline, and how some of you conduct yourself during war...IE, who centralizes their armies when getting attacked, who destroys ports, who does the blockading for whom, who usually drops mobile colonies...we're informed, and we thank our friends for helping.

    However, this *ISN'T* a war game. Its a building game. You're welcome to sabotage your own progress with futile attempts to annoy us, and you get to do so because this is an MMO. That's the difference between our two alliances.

    A.) THR believes in prosperity, helping each other grow and learn in an immersive online community - making friends, sharing experiences, and helping each other become better players.

    B.) 300 believes in bullying, destroying, pushing around weaker players, threatening other gamers, and causing as much chaos as possible.

    We have different ideologies and different player bases. 300 has been punished by several other alliances for being a stain on our server and using such brutish tactics, but we're not warmongerers. We *can* refuse to fight, and it *IS* ok to do it, regardless of your own skewed perspective of Ikariam's purpose. Truly, that's the beauty of any MMO though; we can each play how we like, and neither of us can force the other to act a certain way.

    That's why I humbly tell you that I recognize 300's military superiority. Bullies ARE generally bigger than their intended targets. You all DO have massively bigger military scores than any of us. Congratulations, and continue to take what enjoyment you can from Ikariam. However, that's not our playstyle or we'd be in 300. And so we'll destroy our ports and weather through until you get tired of spending hundreds of thousands and millions of gold attacking a military score 1/500 the size of your own in order to gain 22 wood, 13 wine, 6 marble, and 2 crystal.

    Good luck to you guys, but don't for a moment believe that we're going to jump on your bandwagon just because you think its the best way to play the game.

    -Curzon
  • well i knew in a war of words Curzon Dax would always win shame war is about action not words and can only hope the rest of THR are not so scared of even trying to put up a defence in the name of their alliance else i will only get the joy of taking all them resources and gold without giving my enemy the chance to enjoy the fight to compensate for it :poke:

    if the rest of THR will not put up a fight equal to their size they should all be ashamed as i know if i was in THR i would be defending the honour of my alliance name with everything i had

    :pirate: looks like im in need of more wheel barrows :pirate:
  • Well this is 300's M.O. they just love finding any excuse, no matter how small, to start a war. You would think after the spanking CKA gave them it would have taken more then a month to go back to their usual Routene.
  • Well , `im not 100% with what Curzon said. Its indeed a game that involves building but in the same time its all about defending those buildings :D .
    Anyway one thing Curzon is right, everyone should play their own style and not be fooled by the pathetic herceg- something and Craig propaganda.

    Your a warior hit back, your a builder blow up your ports and watch how millions of extra upkeep from the enemy are going down the drain.
    But the "OMG look at me i`m 14k generals and your only 1000 , fight like a man " its , once again, pathetic.
  • the way i look at it is the biggest majority of THR do not have large armies they DO have good troop building facilities and many resources to build troops if they choose to defend themselves

    as this worlds top alliance i would of hoped for more of a postive attitude but i suppose if you get your fun in this game by building another level on your already massive buildings or hitting a gold hoarder which gives you no fight and we get our fun from battles it should be interesting to see who gets bored first

    i would prefer a fight win or lose but im content with farms :sm:
  • craig257937 wrote:

    ... resources to build troops if they choose to defend themselves...
    ... hoped for more of a postive attitude...
    ... we get our fun from battles it should be interesting to see who gets bored first...

    i would prefer a fight win or lose but im content with farms
    Craig, I don't think we're on the same page. We defend ourselves by NOT building troops, and by destroying our ports. You'll get no fun from it. We *have* a positive attitude, its an absolutely positive one. We're not going to let your warmongering ruin our gaming experience. What could be more positive than that? We're determined to continue growing, having fun, and playing together despite your alliance feeling like it needs to try ruining our gameplay.

    And the line "we get our fun from battles" is complete dookie. During 300's various wars with alliances on the server, your members do the same thing: Destroy their ports, move their armies out of the way, and avoid fights when you're attacked. If you "got your fun from battles" then you would go fight someone itching for a fight. Start at the top of the general list and make it a point to coordinate your alliance to annihilate everyone not in your alliance with a higher general score than your military leaders. That would create some truly spectacularly big fights. Mega-army vs. Mega-army.

    You're not interested in that. This war declaration is a clear sign that 300 isn't interested in good fights; they're interesting in trying to intimidate peaceful players into leaving THR so that 300 can regain its slot as the #1 alliance on the server.

    The problem with that theory is that we're cooperative. We don't alienate our own. And most importantly, the problem there is that it is extremely easy to make getting attacked unprofitable. Why would I want to build a massive general score so that you and your friends can bash it around when I can simply delete my ports and let you have your way with my towns?

    You can blockade my ports 24/7 - no loss there, I have enough wine in all my colonies to survive months upon months upon months. I have enough resources in all my colonies to continue building uninterrupted for at least another month. My problem right now is that things take 2 weeks to build, and I can't burn through resources nearly as quickly as I wish I could.

    But since I have no ports, you won't get any of that fat loot. And since I have more intelligence than a brain-dead monkey, I realize that building an army to fight a militant group of bullies is a useless endeavor. You can't hurt me, and our alliance is all well aware of how to prevent 300 from profiting from attacking us.

    Don't get me wrong...there are folks in THR that are itching to get a piece of you guys, and I'm sure they will. I'm just pointing out that declaring war on THR "in hopes of a good fight" is completely opaque. Your leaders know quite well, and knew long before today that you wouldn't get a good fight from us.

    So sure...lets see who gets bored first. I can shrug off anything you throw at me like I would an annoying gnat. I've got a small military...mostly for raiding gold farmers and if I lose it...*shrugs* takes me a day, two at most to rebuild; but I wouldn't - I'd wait for you guys to get bored and use the extra income to fund another tradeship.

    So...like I said. Declare war on us, and have fun. But please...PLEASE...PLEEAASSSEEE stop using false excuses for doing so. No one is confused about why 300 declared war on THR, and trying to throw out different reasons and excuses for bullying us doesn't change anything.

    -CD
  • curzon you say that we believe in pushing week players, well if this war is war against week players then you should all stop playing rhis game.
    Your alliance got 5 000 000 points more then us and that is a lot.

    We will force your alliance to fight or all THR players will be inactive players.
    You are first alliance in gamma, defend honer of your alliance.
  • This doesn't seem right.

    Is THR just a farm for others? Can any alliance attack members of THR that have little military and feel no reprise? Dax is setting a bad precedent for the future of his alliance if he allows the answer to those questions to be yes.

    I know that your policy is to hide the gold and blow the ports, but with 130+ members, somebody will miss the memo. They'll get tired of load times; and, by the sound of things, 300 will have some massive farms.
  • hercegovci wrote:

    curzon you say that we believe in pushing week players, well if this war is war against week players then you should all stop playing rhis game.
    Your alliance got 5 000 000 points more then us and that is a lot.

    We will force your alliance to fight or all THR players will be inactive players.
    You are first alliance in gamma, defend honer of your alliance.


    Like
    hunger for more?
    monsun?
    Portucale?

    Seems like all the 300's around me are going bottoms up.
    These were the spartans that actually fought back and put up a good fight.

    The ones that ran....hmmmm,dont have to mention any names. *cough* vanahiem *cough Helhiem *cough*

    My alliance may not be in the top 3 yet but welcome any spartans that want a fight to bring it on.
    Well fight back and I'll even upgrade my ports to 12.
    Untill then,I've pillaged over ten million gold the last week alone off a spartan and will continue to do so
  • hercegovci wrote:

    curzon you say that we believe in pushing week players, well if this war is war against week players then you should all stop playing rhis game.
    Your alliance got 5 000 000 points more then us and that is a lot.

    We will force your alliance to fight or all THR players will be inactive players.
    You are first alliance in gamma, defend honer of your alliance.
    You can't force us to fight, we're going to ignore you until you go away. Its easy.

    I don't even know why 300 is attacking us. We just like bunnehs, and kittens, and ponies, and bubbles, and dandelions. Oh, and also daisies and cotton candy. And cupcakes. And no, I do not leave any of these wonderful things on my islands so no need to come visit me to try taking them.

    Dodiez