Ikariam 3.0 Units Overview.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Great spreadsheet! :gj: Although, I think you need to include the lost citizen gold for each unit to get a proper comparison. For example the true cost of 1 phalanx is 8 gold plus 3 citizens at 4 gold per piece = 20 gold expense for each phalanx.

Just a thought
    • RE: RE: yes now

Dudely wrote:

argonacon wrote:

no, you misunderstand....there are only 1000 resources....500 of the 1000 are protected by the warehouse....all goods you have are in the warehouse. if you are first level warehouse and you only have a max of 500 per each resource before you cant take any more, well, you can't put 500 in the traders, and still have more besides that....

IF this works it's a bug and will likely be fixed. Here's an easier idea and one that's worked since the dawn of Alpha.

Offer to buy some marble at a very high price. Get your friend to blockade you. When people bring you marble to buy it'll be intercepted and sent to your friend's port for free.

It does work, or well I've seen it reported in the bug-section of 0.3.0 and since it very much looks like a bug using it (especially in the second variant) will most probable lead to you being banned.
    • awesomo3000 wrote:

Great spreadsheet! :gj: Although, I think you need to include the lost citizen gold for each unit to get a proper comparison. For example the true cost of 1 phalanx is 8 gold plus 3 citizens at 4 gold per piece = 20 gold expense for each phalanx.

Just a thought

Citizens are a short term cost just like wood and sulphur; they will not cost you every hour. Once you build the citizens, your wine supply will bring back new ones. However, the only long term factor is the upkeep.

But the idea behind your thought seems reasonable, and there are other factors that people should consider. For example, even though Phalanx's will have the best defence in 3.0, the rate at which they die is high- and so a person should only truly rely on an army relying on phalanx's when they have a steady flow of sulphur flowing through their towns.

:)
      Sometimes me think "what is friend?"
      And then me say, "friend is someone to share last cookie with."
    • Citizens are a short term cost just like wood and sulphur; they will not cost you every hour. Once you build the citizens, your wine supply will bring back new ones. However, the only long term factor is the upkeep.
      Citizens that are not put to work in mills, academy or military generate 4 gold per hour. When you have them in the lumber mill they produce wood at a cost of 4 gold per piece. When they are mining a luxury resource in ver 2.8 they produce that resource at a cost of 8 gold per piece (in ver 3.0 it is 4 gold per piece). When citizens are made into military units that citizen is no longer generating 4 gold per hour. Therefore, to get the true upkeep cost of a military unit you need to include both the hourly upkeep gold cost plus the gold per hour lost from the citizen. (Note the calculations above are before you consider any the benefits from research such as logistics, miltary future, pitch, etc, any of the wonders that boost production 10% for luxury resources or any of the new buildings in ver3.0 that boost production of luxuries or wood)
    • Update with generals score reworked and small new features.

Update of the calculator with the generals scores now reworked and new features (amount of wood, sulphur, crystal and wine used and ships needed for units). With thanks to peck for the ships feature.
    • Will be able in version 0.3.0 to have a lot of general score?We know that we can't steel gold from attacks in new version.
      Or is there any way how to earn money?

LmoG
      :tnx:
    • LmoG wrote:

Will be able in version 0.3.0 to have a lot of general score?We know that we can't steel gold from attacks in new version.
      Or is there any way how to earn money?

LmoG
      :tnx:

The armies in 3.0 are significantly bigger but the generals scores will be lower for each unit/ship.

The only two ways to earn money are to sell resources or have a positive income.
    • Hi, I updated your calculator a little bit to include how many ships you need to clear out a warehouse of resources. It takes into account how many resources are saved by the warehouse. Feel free to use and edit it if you want. Your able to make it look much better den me.
    • Peck wrote:

Hi, I updated your calculator a little bit to include how many ships you need to clear out a warehouse of resources. It takes into account how many resources are saved by the warehouse. Feel free to use and edit it if you want. Your able to make it look much better den me.
      Thanks for that handy addition. :) It looks perfect as it is although I may move it a bit up later on so that people don't have to scroll down to see it.

I put it online so that people don't have to download or have excel to use it anymore, just follow this link:

Ikariam 3.0 Calculator Version 3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mirarik ().

• I don't know if you guys know this, but your values are off for phalanx, significantly.

For example, 125 fully upgraded phalanx on this calculator, in 3.0, produces the following values:

When in reality, 125 fully upgraded phalanx have 2500 attack value when attacking, and 5625 defense.

Whats the reason for this?
    • Formulas off

I just poked in a couple numbers here and there. I monkeyed with the warehouse level and noticed wine and wood are static at 1250 and 2500 protected respectively (in the order I typed 'em). 100 phal gave a raw 4k off and 7k def "when attacking someone".

To answer the above, I'm thinking people are monkeying around with the "Values" sheets, as those are what give the numbers on the other pages. I'm not about to "correct" them as I haven't had the time with the numbers of this game to know if I'm doing it properly.