World War Beta- when (if ever) will it end?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • I am not sure when the war will end. I personally think that there will be a lull in the violence with the upcoming holidays, but i don't think that will end it. There may be a large change in the status of the war when 0.3.0 comes out. I am not sure whether that will end it or not though.

    Damn it Cire get your hand off my Butt.

    El Rufus
    Thornie of Much bashing
  • hardkill wrote:

    I arrive at this conclusion as Dawn does not help its own members protect each other, so I make an assumption that they do not help DawnB. And... if u ask me how I know they do not help protect each other, well I know an island that I raided a city with a Dawn member and there are other Dawn members there that do not step in to help him/her. Maybe coz it was a 1 vs 1 raid, but when other alliance members are in the area it usually means the attacker will be attacked later and I fully expected it, but to my shagrin the only attack came from the one I originally attacked and he lost to my defenses. If I did that with some of these other alliances I could be assured of being attacked by a few of their players. Now this does not mean I am picking on Dawn, but Dawn is just one city that happened to be in my sights at the time.
    So you base your facts on one test which makes it very unlikely from a statistical point of view. Or did other people's false remarks influence you as well?

    As a matter of fact DAWN does a lot to help it's active and communicative players no matter what their rank is and they are also aiding DAWNB. But if you rather want to stick to your false assumptions go ahead and do so ... it won't decrease the amount of people picking on you.

    The war will obviously end when those that declared it declare it over or when it goes inactive because the conditions will never be met. It is no secret that DAWN is not interested in a war: They are no war mongers or players that want to make others quit the game.
  • vass666 wrote:



    hardkill wrote:

    Facts are Dawn is not helping its own wing alliance in the war, that to me is wrong, other alliances see this and will not align with Dawn due to this.

    Hardkill ... what fact are you basing this on? How are you arriving at this conclusion?
    Its an easy conclusion to arrive at, being as how DAWN sits behind their walls, ocassionally coming out to pillage a player with 1/20th their military score. You are a terrbile ally and maybe sometime soon that will sink into your allies heads =P




    Merlin wrote:

    hardkill wrote:

    I arrive at this conclusion as Dawn does not help its own members protect each other, so I make an assumption that they do not help DawnB. And... if u ask me how I know they do not help protect each other, well I know an island that I raided a city with a Dawn member and there are other Dawn members there that do not step in to help him/her. Maybe coz it was a 1 vs 1 raid, but when other alliance members are in the area it usually means the attacker will be attacked later and I fully expected it, but to my shagrin the only attack came from the one I originally attacked and he lost to my defenses. If I did that with some of these other alliances I could be assured of being attacked by a few of their players. Now this does not mean I am picking on Dawn, but Dawn is just one city that happened to be in my sights at the time.
    So you base your facts on one test which makes it very unlikely from a statistical point of view. Or did other people's false remarks influence you as well?

    As a matter of fact DAWN does a lot to help it's active and communicative players no matter what their rank is and they are also aiding DAWNB. But if you rather want to stick to your false assumptions go ahead and do so ... it won't decrease the amount of people picking on you.

    The war will obviously end when those that declared it declare it over or when it goes inactive because the conditions will never be met. It is no secret that DAWN is not interested in a war: They are no war mongers or players that want to make others quit the game.

    If this is true that DAWN is not interested in war then you should do this:

    1) Surrender
    2) Rearrange yourself
    3) Get on with your lives

    But seeing as how that statement about not being interested in war is an outright lie, we all know that will not live up to it.


    And btw,

  • PanZ3r wrote:


    If this is true that DAWN is not interested in war then you should do this:

    1) Surrender
    2) Rearrange yourself
    3) Get on with your lives

    But seeing as how that statement about not being interested in war is an outright lie, we all know that will not live up to it.[/size][/font]


    That logic is flawed.

    I assume next you say it is DAWN that declared all the wars? Hey, guess what: The war would be over the minute that the parties that declared it decide to declare it for over. Nobody has to surrender for the war to end. If DAWN redeclares then you proved me wrong.

    In case you didn't notice ... you repeat yourself and it is getting boring, all I see you write is

    "DAWN sit behind their walls"
    "DAWN are terrible allies"
    "DAWN are loosing"
    "DAWN are farming lower ranked players"

    Last time I checked you weren't an ally of DAWN so you judging what kind of an ally DAWN is, is like a cook judging a scientific report ... a huge fail.

    Also: Don't you think you are somewhat one sided? There are enough players within DLR and THORN that attack (often not even successful) (way) lower ranked players. I am curious how you justify that DLR and THORN doing so are "heroic" acts while you call DAWN members cowards for this? This should be an interesting story. And don't forget to mention all the players on your side that sit behind their walls. (Attention: sarcasm in this paragraph!)

    Lastly, I don't want anyone to miss out on an information that I got: You are posting here to annoy others (I put it in nice words, if I were to quote you I'd get a warning). You want to play "games" with them and provoke reactions like anger-based ingame attacks that you can easily crash because they are not carefully planned or maybe even name calling ingame. It might be your style to play the game this way, but so far to no avail. At least DAWN members are amused by your irrational replies and we thank you for the entertainment :tnx:
  • its rather easy to judge how dawn is as an ally, based on appearances and first hand information.

    When you target someone, and you see:

    a) who is waiting for you in defence
    b) who sends troops in retalliation

    you know who the good allies are.

    Personally I can speak up for one member of dawn who has worked with other alliances to aid in defense and offense against me, I have praised them for it, despite unfortunate occurances with other parties involved who had to throw my praise back in my face, c'est la vie.

    overall, I have been disappointed at all the alliances I have been opposed to in the war. Aside from a few instances, such as the aforementioned, there has been no attempt at retalliation, spare two instances when ships have been sent my way (though they did come from someone who is now in the pillory so take from that what you will). even then, the ships came my way, only when my ships were away from home attacking dahatch (intermittantly of dawn) back when he was at top spot generals; from appearances, the ships were intended to convince me to recall my own, which I did not do, as no troops were sent to go through the blockade on either occasion.

    Speaking of alliances backing up their members, I told my alliance I had ships coming to blockade me, and I had several members sending ships to defend my town, while most of my ships were away so I couldn't even do much to assist. The blockade was massacred in its final moments thanks to the actions of my allies.

    8700 promise retribution against any attacks on their members - I have not seen any ships nor any troops in any attacks on any of my islands

    Irene has had a presence locally, I would put this down to one member (and now two as his friend joined after helping from a neutral alliance unofficially it seems) who from what I have seen has had to call on aid from other alliances including neutral alliances and the dawn member as mentioned previously

    as for dawn, as mentioned previously, one member has worked with irene in a coordinated effort to defend and attack, mostly because they are both very close to me so its ideal for them to break blockades and send attacks quickly. otherwise, a few ships intended to scare me while I was attacking dahatch (which I was not phased about, as I had troops in defense still)

    dawnb I don't know what's going on with them as they seem to be beta's resident ghost alliance. are they even still around?

    That is what I have personally experienced, so your analogy its like a cook judging a scientific report is completely illogical in itself, we may not be in the most ideal position to objectively judge the alliances in question, but we can offer anecdotal evidence, and educated opinions based on collected data.

    think of it like a survey, hair product manufacturer A won't go speaking to millions of hair product users to find out if they like their product, they just speak to a sample group of 200 or so and use that as a guide.

    so when X number of members from alliances compare experiences of dawn, add up the experiences and how often they met multiple allies in defense, how often they received attacks in retribution etc, it does look pretty poor for dawn.

    if you are in a position to object, why don't you use it? so far you have done the very same thing you accused others of doing, you've been the proverbial cook judging the scientific report.

    and yes that is a bad analogy

    if you are a member of dawn and you are objecting to this based on your own knowledge, why don't you provide evidence to the contrary, shut us up by proving your point instead of shouting at us and hoping we'll go away.

    hot air doesn't prove a point. I have provided my facts and explained how much they weigh. I have not exagerated, I have not said that they mean more than they mean. so by all means, provide your own objective evidence to the contraryif you have any and it will stand on its own weight accordingly.
  • Everything you accuse Dawn Of, I could do the same with the opposite alliances its all in the eyes of the beholder.

    As I have yet to get attack by any members that where warring at (could be called hiding behind there walls) has there thee aggresors (they declared) and yet where suppose to bring the fighting to them, as it has yet got to me in 3-4 months time and its not from a lack of me trying to pick a fight.

    You say Dawn doesnt defend there alliance, I could generalise and say the same of your alliances, as I have hit a thorn player well over 400+ times only to pick a fight with a bigger Thornie, but they never came to his aid nor attack me has retalition, so I stop attacking the kid, as I had nothing agaisnt him, just tried to pick a fight with a thornie, and they never help him out.

    But unlike you guys, I dont come here to claim Thorn doesnt help there members, even thought thats what I personnaly experience. We all have are personnal experiences, we simply dont generalise a hole alliance as you guys allways do ;o)-~
  • thefly, let's assume what you say is true. Then you are one person to report teamwork on DAWN's side (pretty inaccurate in statistical terms) If we move on and ask others, they will report other situations where there was teamwork on DAWN's side involving allies. I personally know about some of such scenarios even though I am not up to date on all operations run within DAWN. And teamwork also involves sharing of information and lots of more things that you as an outsider can hardly know about. So what you come up with and gave DAWN credit for is just a small portion of the actual teamwork that was and is going on. It is not my job nor would it be smart if I came to the board and announced what information we just shared with which ally, etc.

    As a matter of fact: You don't need to know about our teamwork and you don't need to spread lies about it either. You can tell your stories when you experienced it and when not but there is absolutely no reason to generalize and just say DAWN sucks as an ally. That is rude, uncalled for and far from reality.

    if you are in a position to object, why don't you use it? so far you have done the very same thing you accused others of doing, you've been the proverbial cook judging the scientific report.

    People can use their common sense, they don't need my help to know that not everyone in DAWN is sitting behind walls or that there are players in all alliances that attack lower ranked players.

    And not quite ... I might have been the Italian chef judging the Chinese sweat and sour duck ;)
  • well, DAWN is obviously got more teamwork than the Thorns/DLR/SNES side is willing to admit. otherwise it would have fallen like 8700 and DawnB already. and Thorns/DLR/SNES also got a lot more teamwork than the DAWN/DN/8700/IRENE side is willing to admit, because we are all still standing (mostly).