A message to all big alliances

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• A message to all big alliances

Unfortunately lately small alliances have been ruthelesly attacked. I think that this is unfair as this will eventually turf people out the game as the loose everything.

I ask large alliances to be considerate. ISAF for instance who are meant to be a league of justice should certainly take this into account. If not eventually small alliances may become uncooperative. :borg: :sniper:
  • yesterday we started alliance VKG2.
    in VKG we have big requirements for the new members.
    VKG2 is for new players below 200k score.
    you can get in it and be protected by the main alliance.
    that way people that dont want to play non stop can still enjoy the game.
  • RE: A message to all big alliances

?? ISAF as the League of Justice, while VKG and CCC have been much less likely to wage war since the last world war, maybe you have them confused with the ELoA, which has traditionally been for more peaceful alliance. Perhaps there could be a third league of smaller alliances.

41804180 wrote:

ISAF for instance who are meant to be a league of justice
  • there are other alliences with wing alilence for lower rancking players any lower rancking players ho wishes to join ares is directed to that alience witch has a struture develoed to help low rancking players and new players on the game to evolve faster and with suport having the protection of ares
  • The OP never mentioned new players. he mentioned small alliances.

The problems with large alliances, particularly mega alliances is that they limit the sources of income too much. when you have the majority of the players on the server not able to attack each other the available targets get overwhelmed.

additionally many smaller alliances become afraid to pillage most available targets because tehy belong to a mega alliance.\

world wars are about the only plus side for mega alliances.
  • well i also play in ny world and even when not in any alience i just pilage inactives from everiwhere i just send a message before

i only atack inactive players unless in case of war i believe it is just a question of asking normaly what may ocour is the aswer thta they are inactive fow only a few days and will wait a while longuer, others dont care

i dont care i go inactive you can pilage me at will (i dont exactly plan to do that) there is a vacation mode for something, in all the inactives plahyers i have atacked a few have returned and i stop atacking them .... only one have return and is still playing
  • RE: A message to all big alliances

41804180 wrote:

Unfortunately lately small alliances have been ruthelesly attacked. I think that this is unfair as this will eventually turf people out the game as the loose everything.

I ask large alliances to be considerate. ISAF for instance who are meant to be a league of justice should certainly take this into account. If not eventually small alliances may become uncooperative. :borg: :sniper:

We are eager to assist. What can CCC and it's ISAF brothers do to help you?
  • I think you will find that a number of us in ELoA are willing to help. Is wolfnix still in your alliance? I know he came with some conflicts he was already in which might be causing you problems.

-Ilsanjo
    PrG
  • You want to create a mega-alliance for small alliances?

If so...I would consider a few things...

1) What is the criteria for membership?
    2) What is the max size or game score and alliance must be under?
    3) What will be this mega-alliance's platform? Mostly peaceful? Mostly warring? Bit of both?
    4) Will alliances within this mega-alliance be able to pillage each other?
    5) How will this mega-alliance handle attacks against its members?
    6) What happens to alliances that grow to no longer be considered "small"?
  • Well, wouldn't it be best if there were 2 mega alliances for smaller members?

That way there is a balance and not just a mega alliance of small members attacking other small players.

I would also urge that the large mega-alliances make a rule to not attack "active" players under 50,000 total score.
  • mega alliances for small alliances will only reduce the opprotunities for the smaller players. it will limit the entire server to just attacking players that do not belong to either one. if sim city is the goal then this plan will work well, but the game will not be played in that manner to it's full potential.

keep in mind these are my oppinions and i could be mistaken.
  • That is quite hard as i almost have 4 times that amount of points, but my alliance members suffer and i dont want it 2 happen

I will make it peaceful but warning, I need some big alliances 2 help it work or there will be no proper threat.

Please use Edit button not Reply
    Birzix
  • katan_bartak wrote:

mega alliances for small alliances will only reduce the opprotunities for the smaller players. it will limit the entire server to just attacking players that do not belong to either one. if sim city is the goal then this plan will work well, but the game will not be played in that manner to it's full potential.

keep in mind these are my oppinions and i could be mistaken.
    I agree! These mega-alliances are ruining this game! Who can I attack? Only noobs because 99% of those with a decent score is in my own super-alliance or ISAF, who I cannot attack either because I don't want to be the cause of a world war.... If ccc really wants to play a wargame, the first thing they should do is disband ISAF, since it's limiting it's options.

Creating another super-alliance is the worst thing you can do, better disband those that already excist so everyone can be attacked again without risking 10 guilds, so +- 1000 players hunting you down.
  • Ohtaror wrote:

I agree! These mega-alliances are ruining this game! Who can I attack? Only noobs because 99% of those with a decent score is in my own super-alliance or ISAF, who I cannot attack either because I don't want to be the cause of a world war.... If ccc really wants to play a wargame, the first thing they should do is disband ISAF, since it's limiting it's options.

The mega-alliances were not for the purpose of stopping single player attacks...and really, if that is what you find is happening, then the removal of the mega-alliances would not stop that from continuing.

Alliances fall into two categories presently, those who allow attacks to happen against their members and those who do not. An alliance which allows attacks against its members literally means that if you attack one member of an alliance, you wont have 10 players hitting you back...the other is the alliance which responds to any attack, no matter how small, as an act of war and send 10-15 of their members to hunt you down.

But this has nothing to do with the existence of the mega-alliances.

Not to single anyone out however, here are a couple of examples....

J4mRck..."if mess with one (of us), you've messed with all"
    Jolly..."You attack one, you attack all of us."

The above quotes are taken directly from the alliance page of each and clearly, you can see they will defend with full force against any attack...but that has nothing to do with those alliances belonging to a mega-alliance.

As stated previously, people who think the removal of mega-alliances will suddenly open up new players to pillage are sadly mistaken. Most alliances within a mega-alliance also share peace treaty's with each other or non-aggression pacts and most did so prior to there ever being mega-alliances.

The purpose of the mega-alliance is to prevent 2-3+ high ranking alliances from ganging up on a single alliance...that's all.

There are those who choose to misuse the existence of mega-alliances to prevent any war from occurring between any high ranking alliance and to prevent any of their members from being attacked by outsiders...but again, that comes down to the individual alliance itself.

GOW members have attacked mega-alliance players (and been attacked by) and this has lead to no war...mainly because a couple of attacks is the name of the game and it's viewed as that...nothing more.